Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, July 23, 2012

Tick Tock!!-- A linky party!!

Aghhh!!!!!!
Tick tock....our summer is coming to an end!

I couldn't wait for summer to get here and it is hard to believe it is coming to an end soon. Most of us will start heading pack before our contract time just so we can throw hours upon hours into getting our classrooms to look "just right" before our new students arrive. We will work sometimes with out A/C and without help, but we still do it....every year!

It has been a good summer.  I may not have achieved alot of my DIY projects I had envisioned, but we did do ALOT this summer.  Here are a few things:

*My daughter (16) is ready to get her drivers license after alot of practice
*she also got her first job (and is very excited)
*Both daughters (16 and 10) went to summer camp for a week
*youngest daughter attended golf camp (she ♥'s golf!)
*she also receives private lessons from a PGA pro 2x a week
*Oldest daughter practices with the varsity cross country team 4 days a week
*I have spent an enormous amount of time on Pinterest finding wayyy coool stuff!
* I have managed to keep my yard green all summer in the Texas heat
*We took a week vacation to the Texas coast
*I read all three novels in the Fifty shades of Grey series (yum!)
*I read Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks
*I have started another novel.....
*Did our doctor appointments, sports physicals, etc
*My new niece was born (she is adorable by the way!)
*cleaned out our garage

whew......I am tired !  But as most of us educators do, I still have MORE on my to do list to accomplish before school starts!  EEK! 

I am joining the link party to share our to-do lists!



Sooo....here goes my list (off the top of my head of course! I am sure I will think of 20 more things when I am done!)

To Do:

1. buy toolbox with 20+ drawers to organize my teacher stuff
2. buy sterilite drawers to organize all my reading games by objective
3. Make desktags
4. Get my planning binder in order
5. buy new Owl border
6. paint two bookshelves I already have at school and buy/beg for two more
7. make final thoughts and plans on behavior rewards system (by table groups?)
8. make an updated "Book About Me"
9. Plan out first week
10. go shopping for new pants, capri's, dresses
11. Buy an new super cool broom from Ross/TJ Maxx for the classroom
12. plan out class room set up
13. Meet with my team to plan (and have lunch since we are there! )
14. Make binder covers
15. make a new behavior chart (mine has seen better days)

I am gonna stop there......geez I better stay off Pinterest and all these blogs if I am gonna get anything accomplished! ♥

What do you have left to do??

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up to my linky party! I blame pinterest and other bloggers my attachment to the computer....if it wasn't for them I am sure my list would be done! HAHAHAHAHA
    ~Lorraine
    Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true Lorraine! Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete